Raising finance can be one of the most challenging aspects of taking on new business.
Traditional sources of funding such as bank facilities and invoice finance can be inflexible and often do not give full value to the security a business can offer. Ludgate provide bespoke finance advice to SMEs, focussing on peer-to-peer and direct lending.
Helping clients to raise debt funding is our speciality and we have strong relationships with many niche and emerging lenders, who have different risk appetites and a more common-sense approach to funding business.
We also have access to funders who can provide a flexible overdraft-style facility without the commitment of invoice finance.
Alternative Lenders that we deal with typically have:
- a common-sense approach to credit approval, with no credit scoring
- increased flexibility of repayments, tailored to circumstances
- flexible approach to security
- debt funding appetite from £200,000 to £3M.
We have already helped to fund many manufacturers using this approach using a wide
range of security to support loans.
Recent examples of clients we have helped include:
- £400K loan to a carbon-fibre components manufacturer to expand working capital
- £600K to fund the MBO of a yacht manufacturer and acquisition of a competitor
- £500K overdraft-style facility for a manufacturer of measuring equipment
As a leading advisor in the peer-to-peer and direct lending market, we have raised more than £60 million in debt funding in the last five years.